Experts in the field of medicine say that no symptoms appear in the initial stage of kidney failure and it remains silent. However, this is the stage when the disease is completely curable. Each year, World Kidney Day is celebrated on a new topic. ‘Kidney Health for every person, Everywhere’ was the theme for one year. In the last couple of years, with the problem of kidney disease in India, kidney failure has increased quickly.
If action is taken in time, this serious disease can be avoided in the early stages itself. If it is not treated on time, then the risk of kidney failure may increase later on. Therefore, how to save yourself? If you suffer from diabetes, you have to keep your blood sugar level under control. If you are above 60 years of age and also have diabetes, then keep a close watch on your blood pressure.
You should also keep your blood pressure as 140/90 mm Hg or less. Patients above sixty years and who do not have diabetes should try to keep their blood pressure below 150/90.
Besides, it is better to keep the following things in mind:
- Always eat healthy foods.
- Keep your body weight at a healthy level.
- Reduce salt usage in whatever you eat and drink.
- If you have diarrhoea, vomiting, fever etc. Then, you should take plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
- Exercise regularly.
- You should not smoke or use any type of tobacco products since smoking reduces the blood circulation in the kidney, which can lead to a serious problem.
- If you are in the habit of using pain killer tablets, then you should reduce the use of painkillers, as they can damage your kidney.
- 8. If you fall into the high-risk group, then you should get the kidney function checked regularly.